What is Carbon Fiber Composite?
Let’s first start with the nomenclature. Carbon Fiber Composite is also referred to as Carbon-Carbon Composite, CFC, or Carbon Reinforced Matrix Composite. All of these aliases refer to this product.
Originally developed for use in the aerospace sector, CFC has become an extremely cost-effective solution for furnace fixture applications. The unique attributes of CFC offer advantages compared to metal and graphite fixtures. The material can be provided in a wide variety of sizes and geometric shapes.
CFC Items we carry are as follows: Multi-Ply Sheets, Channels, Threaded Rods, Smooth Rods, Square Nuts, Plates, and Survey Racks. We also supply custom CFC as seen below.
Custom Carbon Fiber Composite Fabrications
Fabricated shapes include but are not limited to: Sheets, Angles, U-Channels, Rings, Tubes, Pipes, Cylinders, Bolts, Washers, Heating Elements, Shelving, Survey Racks and Baskets for heat-treating.
- High strength and modulus.
- Fire resistant and dimensionally stable.
- Configuration of Carbon Fabric.
- Fatigue and fracture resistant. Cracks will not propagate as with molded graphite fixtures.
- Lightweight and low thermal mass permitting one to load more parts in each furnace due to the material’s excellent strength to weight ratio while reducing cycle time.
- Thermal deformation resistant. CFC will remain flat and increase in strength at elevated temperatures reducing scrap and maintaining stricter part tolerances in comparison to metal which warps over time.
- Aerospace and military.
- Heat treating and furnace fixtures.
- Primary and secondary structures.
- Windmill blades.
- Brake linings, automotive, and tooling.
- Solid rocket nozzles.
Ready to order Carbon Fiber Composite?
- CFC or Carbon-Carbon Composite parts can be machined to print. Please send your drawings or geometric specifications.
- Densities up to 1.85 g/cc available for high performance CFC’s
- Higher density machines cleaner, but higher pricing.
- 3D weave available for certain shapes
- Silicon Carbide matrix and coating available for improved abrasion resistance and thermal conductivity.
- $100.00 minimum order for CFC.
- Thread quality and strength of our All-Thread Rods and Nuts are excellent, being made with Chopped Fiber CFC PC70.
- Volume discounts for large orders. Contact us.
- If you have any additional questions or need a custom quote, we are always here to help.
CFC L-Channel$285.00 Select options
CFC U-Channels$230.00 – $330.00 Select options
CFC ALL-THREAD$145.00 – $490.00 Select options
CFC Square Nuts$5.00 – $25.00 Select options
CFC Plates$485.00 – $4,030.00 Select options
CFC Square Grid$2,800.00 Select options
CFC Round Nuts$13.00 – $16.00 Select options
CFC Survey RacksRead more
CFC SMOOTH RODS$140.00 – $455.00 Select options
CFC Plate SpacersSale! Select options
PC70 Chopped Fiber
CFC StudsSale! Select options
CFC Plates Off CutsSale! $68.00 – $3,000.00 Select options
CARBON CARBON THREADED STUDSSale! $20.00 – $25.00 Select options
CFC THREADED RODSSale! $40.00 – $50.00 Select options