What is Carbon Fiber Composite?
Let’s first start with the nomenclature. Carbon Fiber Composite is also referred to as Carbon-Carbon Composite, CFC, or Carbon Reinforced Matrix Composite. All of these aliases refer to this product.
Originally developed for use in the aerospace sector, CFC has become an extremely cost-effective solution for furnace fixture applications. The unique attributes of CFC offer advantages compared to metal and graphite fixtures. The material can be provided in a wide variety of sizes and geometric shapes.
- High strength and modulus.
- Fire resistant and dimensionally stable.
- Configuration of Carbon Fabric.
- Fatigue and fracture resistant. Cracks will not propagate as with molded graphite fixtures.
- Lightweight and low thermal mass permitting one to load more parts in each furnace due to the material’s excellent strength to weight ratio while reducing cycle time.
- Thermal deformation resistant. CFC will remain flat and increase in strength at elevated temperatures reducing scrap and maintaining stricter part tolerances in comparison to metal which warps over time.
- Aerospace and military.
- Heat treating and furnace fixtures.
- Primary and secondary structures.
- Windmill blades.
- Brake linings, automotive, and tooling.
- Solid rocket nozzles.
Ready to order?
- CFC parts can be machined to print. Please send your drawings or geometric specifications.
- Densities up to 1.85 g/cc available for high performance CFC’s
- Higher density machines cleaner, but higher pricing.
- 3D weave available for certain shapes
- Silicon Carbide matrix and coating available for improved abrasion resistance and thermal conductivity.
- $100.00 minimum order for CFC.
- Thread quality and strength of our All-Thread Rods and Nuts are excellent, being made with Chopped Fiber CFC PC70.
- Volume discounts for large orders. Contact us.
- If you have any additional questions or need a custom quote, we are always here to help.
CFC SheetsSale! $350.00 – $2,500.00 Select options
CFC L-Channel$240.00 Select options
CFC U-ChannelsSale! $50.00 – $280.00 Select options
CFC ALL-THREAD$145.00 – $460.00 Select options
CFC Square Nuts$5.00 – $25.00 Select options
CFC PlatesSale! $20.00 – $2,000.00 Select options
CFC Square Grid$2,500.00 Select options
CFC Round Nuts$10.00 – $16.00 Select options
CFC Survey RacksRead more
CFC SMOOTH RODS$140.00 – $455.00 Select options
CFC Plate SpacersSale!
PC70 Chopped Fiber
PC70 Chopped Fiber