What is Ceramic Fiber Blanket?
Ceramic Fiber Blanket is manufactured from spun ceramic fiber and is needled to provide exceptional handling strength for high-temperature insulation applications. Ceramic Insulation Blanket is typically offered in three standard grades referred to as commercial, High-Purity, and Zirconia grade. All grades are lightweight and thermally efficient resulting in a material that has the advantage of low heat storage and complete resistance to thermal shock. Blankets are produced in varying dimensions, temperature ratings, and for different applications. Our office also supplies a Bio-Soluble blanket which is environmentally friendly. If you don’t see a specific blanket listed, please contact us directly and we will be happy to provide a custom quote.
Operating at Higher Temperatures?
Ceramic Fiber Blanket manufactured from polycrystalline mullite wool (PCW) rated to a temperature of 3000℉ (1649℃) is now stocked. This grade of Ceramic Insulation Blanket contains no binder, additives, or shot content. Material is RCF free and resistant to most corrosive agents in both oxidizing and reducing atmospheres. This material is highly specialized for the most demanding and extreme temperature requirements.
Complex Shapes & Gas Velocities
Ceramic Fiber Blanket Wet Wool (WW) is specifically manufactured for insulating complex shapes and services under high hot gas velocities. Material is permeated with inorganic bonding agents and packaged in a clear polyethylene bag to retain the wet binder during shipping and storage. The manufacturing process results in flexible insulation that can be formed to complex shapes in place and air dries to form a hard, rigid structure. Additionally, the material can be cured by immediate exposure to temperature in application. Material has a dry density of 12-18 lbs/ft3 (190-290 kg/m3).
Ceramic Fiber Blanket Stocking Locations
Our blanket is available domestically and internationally. Some of our domestic locations are listed below, please note that inventory and pricing may vary.
Dingmans Ferry, PA | Baltimore, MD | Pittsburgh, PA | College Park, Georgia | Houston, TX | Los Angeles, CA | Wilmington, CA | Hayward, California | Tualatin, Oregon | Elk Grove, IL
Benefits of Ceramic Fiber Blanket
- Dimensionally stable at high temperatures.
- Low heat storage and complete resistance to thermal shock.
- Lightweight and thermally efficient.
Applications of Ceramic Fiber Blanket
- Furnace repair
- Furnace, kiln, reformer and boiler linings
- Furnace door linings and seals
- Reusable insulation for steam and gas turbines
- High-temperature kiln and furnace insulation
- Primary reformer heater insulation
- High temperature gasketing
- Expansion joint seals
- Glass furnace crown insulation
- Field steam generator lining.
- Nuclear insulation applications
- Thermal reactor insulation
- Flexible high temperature pipe insulation
- Investment casting mold wrapping
- Removable casting mold wrapping
- Removable insulating blankets for stress relieving welding.
- Pressure and cryogenic vessel fire protection
- Soaking pit seals
- High temperature filtration
- Incineration equipment and stack linings.
- Strips for gasketing material.
Ready to order Ceramic Fiber Blanket?
- Need a size or temperature rating not listed? Need custom strips and shapes? Please contact us for a custom quote and provide associated drawings.
- Up to 20 cartons per pallet (10% discount for pallet quantities).
- Please note cartons ship by UPS or FedEx, pallets must ship via freight.
- If you have any additional questions or need a custom quote our team is always available to help.
Ceramic Fiber Blanket$85.00 – $240.00 Select options
High Purity Grade 6lb
Ceramic Fiber Blanket$90.00 – $200.00 Select options
High Purity Grade 8lb
Ceramic Fiber Blanket$135.00 – $270.00 Select options
Zirconia Grade 8lb
Ceramic Fiber Blanket$185.00 Select options
High Purity Strips 8lb
Ceramic Fiber Blanket$160.00 Select options
High Purity 8lb with Foil
Ceramic Fiber Blanket$2,375.00 – $6,565.00 Select options
Ceramic Fiber Blanket$460.00 – $705.00 Select options
Wet Wool Grade
Ceramic Fiber Blanket$110.00 Select options
BioSoluble Grade 8lb