What is Ceramic Fiber Paper?
Ceramic Fiber paper consists primarily of high purity alumnio-silicate fiber and is manufactured through a fiber washing process. This process produces a non-woven matrix blend of the fibers, binders, and additives to form randomly oriented fibers that are flexible, uniform, and lightweight. This process controls the content of unfiberized shots to a minimal level within the paper. Available in 3 grades with a variety of dimensions and temperature ratings.
Additionally, our Binderless paper provides a smoke-free option and is manufactured without the organic binder system. The paper is free of organics and used when higher fired strength is required or in applications where even a small amount of organic burnout is unacceptable.
Operating at Higher Temperatures?
Ceramic Fiber Paper manufactured from polycrystalline fibers (PCW) rated to a temperature of 3000℉ (1649℃) is now stocked. This grade of Ceramic Fiber Paper is virtually free of shot content and has a smooth surface on both exterior surfaces. Properties include low thermal conductivity, flexibility, and good handling strength. This material is highly specialized for the most demanding and extreme temperature requirements.
Our paper is available domestically and internationally. Some of our domestic locations are listed below, please note that inventory and pricing may vary.
Dingmans Ferry, PA | Baltimore, MD | Pittsburgh, PA | College Park, Georgia | Houston, TX | Los Angeles, CA | Wilmington, CA | Hayward, California | Tualatin, Oregon | Elk Grove, IL
- Lightweight, structure uniformity, and low thermal conductivity which serves as a perfect solution for high temperature insulation, chemical corrosion resistance, and thermal shock resistance.
- White color, light-weight, flexible, good handling strength and good uniformity
- Resists temperature as high as 2300º F, fire resistant
- Low thermal conductivity, low heat storage, thermal shock resistant
- Good dielectric strength
- Excellent corrosion resistance (Resistant to most chemicals except hydrofluoric, phosphoric acids and concentrated alkalis)
- Used in various types of refractory and sealing applications.
- Appliance heat seals
- Parting plane in refractory linings
- Backup lining for metal troughs
- Hot top linings
- Thermal and electrical insulation
- Refractory backup insulation
- Coke over door shock absorption medium
- Kiln car deck covering
- Liners for slumping.
- Die-cuts and automatic stamping.
- Heat shielding for aerospace and automotive industries
- Commercial and residential cooking and heating appliance insulation
- Refractory back-up for ceramic and glass production
- Metal clad brick gaskets
- Petrochemical transfer line protection, welding and brazing protection
- Automotive muffler insulation
Ready to order?
- Custom shapes and gaskets cut to print.
- Not all sizes are available at every location.
- Pricing may vary at different locations.
If you have any additional questions or need a custom quote our team is always available to help.