What are Ceramic Fiber Textiles?
Ceramic Fiber Textiles are manufactured from alumina-silica ceramic fiber consisting of 47% Alumina, and 53% Silica. The textiles are free of asbestos and crystalline silica, also known as free silica. The material is typically used up to 2300F (1260C). Textile products do contain approximately 15% organic carriers which aid in formation and manufacturing. These organics do burn out at 750F (400C).
Textile products can also contain reinforcement insert materials of Inconel wire or continuous fiberglass filament to increase handling strength during installation and to enhance fiber durability. Inconel reinforcement has a temperature rating of 2000F (1093C) and fiberglass reinforcement has a temperature rating of 1200F (649C).
Ceramic Fiber Cloth, Tape, and Sleeving are very strong and flexible fabrics. Insert materials of Inconel wire and fiberglass filaments are incorporated into the yarn to increase tensile strength of the fabrics both before and after exposure to heat. Typical applications include gaskets, seals, pipe wrapping, furnace and welding curtains.
Round and Square Ceramic Fiber Braid are manufactured by over-braiding around a core of ceramic fiber to achieve maximum resistance to mechanical abuse with a density range of 33-36 PCF. In addition to its superior strength, round and square braids also exhibit minimal unraveling when cut.
3-Ply Twisted Ceramic Fiber Rope is manufactured by forming many strands of alumino-silicate, which are then twisted into a three-ply rope. This is similar to the style produced by Unifrax. If you need a denser 9-Ply rope or Inconel wire mesh covering please contact us directly for a custom quote.
- Excellent chemical stability and resistance, excluding hydrofluoric & phosphoric acids or concentrated alkalies.
- Strong resistance to thermal shock and corrosion.
- If wet by water or steam, thermal properties are fully restored upon drying.
- Resistant to oxidation and reduction.
- Foundries, refineries and power plants
- Furnace door seal and insulation.
- High temperature gasketing and packing
- Expansion joint packing in boilers and furnaces
- Wood-burning stove door seal
- Tadpole gasket bulb cord
- Glass furnace truckstone seal
- Coke Oven door jam seal
- Maintenance in Aluminum plants
- Gasket for vacuum degassing of steel
Ready to order?
If you have any additional questions or need a custom quote our team is always available to help.
Ceramic Fiber$575.00 – $840.00 Select options
Ceramic Fiber$188.00 – $697.00 Select options
Ceramic Fiber$246.00 – $612.75 Select options
Ceramic Fiber$132.00 – $427.50 Select options
3-Ply Twisted Rope
Ceramic Fiber$158.50 – $551.00 Select options
Ceramic Fiber$546.00 – $1,674.00 Select options