What are Insulating Firebricks?
Insulating Firebricks, also known as soft bricks or IFB, are used in high temperature applications ranging from 2,000°F (1,093°C) to 3,200°F (1,760°C). The bricks are manufactured from high purity refractory clays and other ceramic raw materials according to international standards, and are suitable to operate in various temperatures and atmospheres up to 3000°F. IFB bricks do contain a carefully graded organic filler which is burned out during the manufacturing process to provide a uniform controlled pore structure. This high porous rate provides excellent insulating properties while contributing to the bricks lightweight.
Our office provides a complete range of insulating firebricks, offering unsurpassed performance and value, for a wide variety of applications, and industries. Use of the bricks is is common in residential, commercial, and industrial applications. Additionally, the bricks are lightweight and are easily modified or cut with standard hand tools.
If you need a specific grade, machining, or different shapes please do not hesitate to contact our office directly for a custom quote. Our manufacturing can produce all types of IFB wedge, arch, split, and key bricks, as well as hearth plates. Additionally, we offer cast to shape parts per drawings in a variety of castable refractory cements.
What are Hard Firebricks?
Hard bricks, also known as Super Duty or High Alumina, are very hard, dense, and durable refractory bricks. The bricks are manufactured with select bauxite chamotte as the main raw ingredient and fired at 1450-1470℃ using an advanced process with strict quality compliance. These bricks are not insulating in comparison to their IFB counterparts. Special tools, such as a tile or brick saw, are required for cutting and modifying the bricks. Typically used for their structural qualities and on the inside of kilns because they absorb and conduct heat easily, which permits the high temperatures needed in firing. Often used as the main building component of large kilns, chimneys, fireboxes, and burner ports- anywhere around direct flame. Hard bricks are typically used in tandem with insulating firebricks to provide an excellent complete solution for refractory applications.
If you need a specific grade, machining, or different shapes please do not hesitate to contact our office directly for a custom quote. Our manufacturing can produce all types, shapes, and sizes of Hard Firebrick.
Our Firebricks are available domestically and internationally. Some of our domestic locations are listed below, please note that inventory and pricing may vary.
East Brunswick, NJ | Pittsburgh, PA | Atlanta, Georgia | Houston, TX | Los Angeles, CA
- Insulating Firebricks
- High purity and superior insulating values.
- Excellent strength at ambient and elevated temperatures.
- High compression and cold crushing strength
- Low thermal conductivity
- Precise dimensions and machining.
- Lightweight and energy-efficient.
- Lower heat storage than denser refractories.
- Extremely low levels of iron and other impurities.
- Quick and economical heating to operating temperatures.
- Cools quickly to minimize time on periodic operations.
- Rigid and capable of exposure to harsh and abrasive applications.
- Easily cut or modified with standard hand tools.
- Differing grades and formulations to meet specific thermal and physical requirements.
- Hard Brick
- High temperature performance and firing.
- Excellent acid and vase slagging resistance
- Excellent thermal shock resistance and mechanical strength.
- Great corrosion and wear resistance.
- Prolongs lives of furnaces.
- High bulk density.
- Low iron content.
- Insulating Firebricks
- Lining Kilns
- Insulating Ovens, Furnaces, and Flues.
- Fireplaces and Fireboxes.
- Glass and Ceramic industries.
- Electrolytic Aluminum Industries.
- Iron & Steel Industries.
- Non-Ferrous Metals industries.
- Power Generation Industries.
- Hard Firebricks
- Industrial furnaces, boilers, and high temperature areas.
- Blast furnaces and hot blast stove.
- Electric Arc furnace roofs.
- Coke oven and quench tower.
- Soaking pit and kilns
- Mining and Metallurgy
- Chemical and refinery industries
- Cement and refractory industries.
Ready to order?
- Need a custom or differing shape? Need a grade not listed? Need a Hearth plate or tiles?
- If you have any additional questions or need a custom quote our team is always available to help.
IN-23 2300°F$55.00 – $1,400.00 Select options
IN-23 2300°F$45.00 – $50.00 Select options
UPS Brick Pack
IN-26 2600°F$88.00 – $2,196.00 Select options
IN-28 2800°F$131.50 – $3,336.00 Select options
IN-30 3000°F$215.00 – $5,424.00 Select options