In vacuum – 2400℃
In air – 400℃
Carbon Content: 95%
- High strength and lightweight.
- Excellent thermal stability and good corrosion resistance.
- High tensile and chemically inert to most chemicals from pH 0-14, excluding strong oxidizers like nitric or sulphuric acids.
- Sewing or banding carbon or graphite felts in vacuum inert atmosphere furnaces or pump packing.
- Wrapping of parts to provide insulation on certain sections and to hold parts in place.
- Quick repair applications where bailing wire will not work.
- Can also be used as heating cables due to the material’s electrical conductivity.