In vacuum – 3000℃
Density: 1.7 g/cm³
Inter-laminar Shear Strength (ILSS): 19 MPa
- High strength and modulus.
- Fire resistant and dimensionally stable.
- Configuration of Carbon Fabric.
- Fatigue and fracture resistant. Cracks will not propagate as with molded graphite fixtures.
- Lightweight and low thermal mass permitting one to load more parts in each furnace due to the material’s excellent strength to weight ratio while reducing cycle time.
- Thermal deformation resistant. CFC will remain flat and increase in strength at elevated temperatures reducing scrap and maintaining stricter part tolerances in comparison to metal which warps over time.
- Aerospace and military.
- Heat treating and furnace fixtures.
- Primary and secondary structures.
- Windmill blades.
- Brake linings, automotive, and tooling.
- Solid rocket nozzles.