Temperature Rating: 2000℃
Density: 0.09-0.15 g/cc
GFE-1 is a graphite felt that has been specifically designed and manufactured for the demanding needs of flow battery applications. The material is woven from specialized graphite fibers that are treated with our proprietary activation process to increase active sites and surface area to over 1000+ M²/g. Additionally, the felt weave results in smoother surface and more homogenous structure for more stable and consistent electrical performance. This ultra-high-quality graphite felt is designed for high wetting and absorption but is optimized for specific applications. Material is pre-fired to 3992°F (2200°C) to increase purity, reduce ash content, and ensure consistent performance.
Benefits of GFE-1
- Our proprietary activation process increases active sites and surface area to over 1000+ M²/g.
- The felt weave results in a smoother surface and a more homogeneous structure for more stable and consistent electrical performance.
- GFE-1 is a custom run product and can be optimized for your specific application.
Applications of GFE-1
- Vanadium redox flow batteries (VRFB)
- Fuel Cell and Flow Battery electrodes
- Heated filaments
- Sensor Technology
Be sure to see our specialty felt page for other specific felts.