Benefits of Machined Graphite
- Machinability to exceptionally close tolerances.
- Good Thermal Conductivity as graphite is an excellent heat conductor and has great resistance to thermal shock.
- High Compressive Strength ranging from 11K-38K lbs/in²
- Corrosion Resistance for all practical purposes and is unaffected by most acids, alkalis, solvents, and similar chemicals.
- Seal face flatness due to the high modulus of elasticity and stability to remain flat during operation at the rubbing faces.
- Built-in Lubrications and Non-Galling. Products will not seize or gall in the most severe applications as the molecular structure of graphite forms an extremely thin film on moving parts.
Applications of Machined Graphite
- Heat Treating applications.
- Used to support hearth rails or beams to allow for thermal expansion.
- Fixtures or support post.
- Electrodes, stir sticks, and other reaction purposes.